1. Unzip the files, maintaining the directory structure in the zip file, to a temporary directory. For example: c:\TEMP.
2. From Windows Explorer, navigate to the temporary directory that contains the unzipped installer files; then, double-click the installer program:
For 32-bit drivers, the installer program is named:
For 64-bit drivers, the installer program is named:
is the product version number. For example, this value is 8.0 for the 8.0.x version of the product.
3. The Introduction window for the product installation appears. Click Next to continue.
4. The License Agreement window appears. Make sure that you read and understand the license agreement. To continue with the installation, select the I accept the terms of the License Agreement option; then, click Next.
Note: You can exit the installer program at any time by clicking Cancel or return to the previous window by clicking Previous.
5. The Install Directory window appears. In the Where Would You Like to Install? field, type the path, including the drive letter, of the product installation directory or click the Choose... button to browse to and select an installation directory.
If you are running the 32-bit installer on 64-bit Windows, the default value for the installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\DataDirect\ODBC.
For all other installations, the default value for the installation directory for is C:\Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\ODBC
Verify that you have entered (or selected) the correct installation directory. Then, click Next to continue.
To restore the installation directory to its default setting, click Restore Default.
6. Choose the type of installation to perform. Select one of the following options:
Evaluation Installation (will expire in 15 days). Select this option to install an evaluation version of the driver. Click Next to continue with the installation. Skip to Step 10.
OEM/Licensed Installation. Select this option if you purchased a licensed version of one or multiple drivers. Click Next. Proceed to the next step.
Note: OEM CUSTOMERS: Refer to the Progress DataDirect for ODBC Drivers Distribution Guide for information on installing, branding, unlocking, and distributing your branded drivers.
7. The Product Registration window appears.
Type the control number that was provided by Progress DataDirect in the Control # field, and click the Validate button. A tree menu of drivers with valid licenses appears in the selection box. You can add one or multiple control numbers, one at a time.
8. From the tree menu, select the drivers that you want to install. Drivers that are already installed are listed in the Drivers (Installed) tree and cannot be deselected. To remove installed drivers, you must uninstall the product. Click Next to continue.
Note: If you are installing a different version of a currently installed driver, the installer will overwrite the existing driver files with the version that you are installing.
9. The Product Registration window appears.
Provide the following information:
a. Type your name and company name in the corresponding fields.
b. Type the serial number that was provided by Progress DataDirect. Click Next to continue. Skip to Step 11.
10. The Driver Evaluation Selection window appears.
From the Drivers To Be Evaluated tree, select the drivers that you want to install. Drivers that are already installed are listed in the Drivers (Installed) tree and cannot be deselected.
11. The Create Default Data Source window appears. Select the Create Default Data Source box to define a user data source in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI for each DataDirect driver that you install.
Warning: If you select Create Default Data Sources, existing data sources in your registry with the same DataDirect default name will be overwritten. To maintain your current DataDirect default data sources, rename them before you continue.
Then, click Next to continue.
12. The Pre-Installation Summary window provides the opportunity to review the information you have entered. When you are satisfied with your installation or branding option selections, click Install to begin the installation.
13. When the installation finishes, the Install Complete window appears. You may be prompted to restart your system, but it is not required to use the product. Select one of the following options:
Yes, restart my system. Select this option if you are ready to restart your system. The installer will restart your system when you exit the program.
No, I will restart my system myself. Select this option if you prefer to use the product without restarting the system, or if you are not ready to restart the system.
14. Click Done to exit the installer program.
This completes the installation.
A Progress DataDirect program group is created as part of the installation. This program group provides the following shortcuts:
ODBC Driver Help
ODBC Performance Tuning Wizard
Processor Information Utility
Uninstall Progress DataDirect forODBCx.x- 32 bit [32-bit only]
Uninstall Progress DataDirect forODBCx.x- 64 bit [64-bit only]
XML Persistence Demo [32-bit only]
Before you begin using your driver, see "Setting the Library Path Environment Variable."