To create a binding source object and define the schema manually:
Create or edit the container (ABL Form, ABL Dialog, or ABL MDI Form).
Select the ProBindingSource control in the Toolbox and place an instance of it
on the form. An object with the default name bindingSource1 appears in the
non-visual control tray at the bottom of the Design Canvas, and the
ProBindingSource Designer appears automatically.
Click Add Table
A top-level table node appears in the Tables pane, with one default field
node beneath it.
Use the toolbar buttons to add, remove, or reorder elements, or
drag and drop to change the table hierarchy:
- To add a table, select the existing table that is to be the parent of
the new one, and click .
- To add a field, select the existing table that is to contain the field,
and click .
- To remove a schema element, select it and click . Deleting a table deletes all of its children.
- To change the order of elements, select one or more tables or fields and
click or to move them up or
down. You cannot use this technique to change the hierarchical relationship
of elements; you can move them only within their current level. To move
multiple tables, you must select only sibling elements (that is, tables that
have the same immediate parent).
- To change the table hierarchy, select one or more sibling tables and
drag them, pointing the arrow cursor at the table that is to become their
parent. Release the mouse button to complete the operation. Dragging columns
is not supported.
To import the schema, see Importing a schema
You can edit the name of a table node, and the name, label, and data type of a
field node. To do so, select the element in the Tables or
Fields pane, and change the current values as
appropriate by typing directly in the rightmost pane.
Click OK to save the current schema definition.