Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge tools that are not integral to the Visual Designer,
but have particular value while you are building an OpenEdge GUI for .NET, include:
- Class Browser - The Class Browser offers a tree view that
provides detailed information on the classes and .NET assemblies defined in or
referred to by your projects.
- Meta Catalog - The Meta Catalog enables you to create a
comprehensive index of the code base in both your local workspace and your team's
shared source code control system.
- ABL Editor - The standard OpenEdge code editor is tightly
linked to the Visual Designer to allow you to inspect and edit the source code for
design classes and related procedures.
- Outline view - When a Visual Designer editor buffer has focus, the Outline view provides
a hierarchical list of the form and its contents, allowing you to select,
copy, re-parent, and delete controls.
- Debugger - The Debugger provides a full set of tools for
testing and debugging ABL code.