Progress Corticon embeds an evaluation license in its products to help you get started.
Corticon Studio evaluation licenses let you use database access (Enterprise Data Connector or "EDC"), and are timed to expire on a preset date.
Corticon Server evaluation licenses do not enable use of Enterprise Data Connector, and limit the number of decision services, rules, and pools in use. They too are timed to expire on a preset date.
When you obtain a license file, it applies to Studios as well as Servers. You must perform configuration tasks to record it for each Corticon Studio, each Corticon Server, and each Deployment Console. If you intend to use EDC on your Corticon Servers, your Corticon license must allow it. Contact Progress Corticon technical support if you need to acquire a license.
The Corticon Server license is placed at two locations in the installation to enable use and -- when specified in the license -- enable EDC functions for:
Corticon Deployment Console
To configure Corticon Server for .NET to access its license file:
1. Copy the license JAR with its default name, CcLicense.jar.
2. Depending on your server strategy, the JAR must be placed in its required locations:
For an in-process deployment:
1. Navigate to the .NET Server installation's [CORTICON_HOME]\samples\lib directory to paste the file and overwrite the existing file in that location.
2. Navigate to the .NET Server installation's [CORTICON_HOME]\webservice\lib directory to paste the file and overwrite the existing file in that location.
For an IIS deployment:
Navigate to the IIS installation location, typically C:\inetpuband then navigate to its \wwwroot\axis\lib directory to paste the file and, if necessary, overwrite the existing file in that location.
When you launch the Corticon Deployment Console, your license with its registration information is registered for the Corticon Deployment Console. When your license enables EDC, the Database Access fields and functions are enabled.
You can choose to locate the license by another JAR name at a preferred location, and then expressly identify it to the server.
To custom configure Corticon Server for .NET's license location:
1. Navigate in the file system to the Corticon Server for .NET installation's, [CORTICON_HOME]\Server .NET\samples\bin subdirectory.
2. Double-click on Corticon-Api-Inprocess-Test.exe, then do the following:
a. Type 416 and then press Enter.
b. Enter (or copy/paste) the complete path to the location of the license JAR file, as in this example, C:\licenses\myCorticonEDC_CcLicense.jar. The command echoes back Transaction completed.
c. To confirm the setting, type 415 and then press Enter. The path is echoed back (you might need to scroll up to the command line.)
3. Once the .NET Server is running in remote mode, you can double-click on Corticon-Api-Remote-Test.exe in that same directory to perform the same 416 and 415 tasks as in Step 2 above