After you have configured your data source, you can use the driver to access your REST service data with Tableau. Tableau is a business intelligence software program that allows you to easily create reports and visualized representations of your data. By using the driver with Tableau, you can improve performance when retrieving data while leveraging the driver's relational mapping tools.
To use the driver to access data with Tableau:
1. Navigate to the \tools\Tableau subdirectory of the Progress DataDirect installation directory; then, locate the Tableau data source file, DataDirect AutoREST.tdc.
2. Copy the DataDirect AutoREST.tdc into the following directory:
3. Open Tableau. If the Connect menu does not open by default, select Data > New Data Source or the Add New Data Source button to open the menu.
4. From the Connect menu, select Other Databases (ODBC).
5. The Server Connection dialog appears.
In the DSN field, select the data source you want to use from the drop-down menu. For example, My DSN. Then, click Connect. The Logon to Autonomous REST Connector dialog appears pre-populated with the connection information you provided in your data source.
6. If required, type your user name and password; then, click OK. The Logon dialog closes. Then, click OK on the Server Connection dialog.
7. The Data Source window appears.
By default, Tableau connects live, or directly, to your data. We recommend that you use the default settings to avoid extracting all of your data. However, if you prefer, you can import your data by selecting the Extract option at the top of the dialog.
8. In the Schema field, select the database you want to use. The tables stored in this database are now available for selection in the Table field.
You have successfully accessed your data and are now ready to create reports with Tableau. For more information, refer to the Tableau product documentation at: http://www.tableau.com/support/help.