Accessing Data in Microsoft Excel from the Query Wizard
After you have configured your data source, you can use the driver to access your data with Microsoft Excel from the Query Wizard. Using the driver with Excel provides improved performance when retrieving data, while leveraging the driver's relational-mapping tools.
To use the driver to access data with Excel from the Query Wizard:
1. Open your workbook in Excel.
2. From the Data menu, select Get Data>From Other Sources>From Microsoft Query.
3. The Choose Data Source dialog appears.
From the Databases list, select your data source. For example, MyDSN. Click OK.
4. The logon dialog appears pre-populated with the connection information you provided in your data source. If required, type your password. Click OK to proceed.
Note: The logon dialog may reappear if Excel needs to access additional information from the data source. If this occurs, re-enter your password; then, click OK to proceed to the next step.
5. The Query Wizard - Choose Columns window appears.
Choose the columns you want to import into your workbook. To add a column, select the column name in Available tables and columns pane; then, click the > button. After you add the columns you want to include, click Next to continue.
6. Optionally, filter your data using the drop-down menus; then, click Next.
7. Optionally, sort your data using the drop-down menus; then, click Next.
8. Select "Return Data to Microsoft Excel"; then, click Finish.
9. The Import Data window appears.
Select the desired view and insertion point for your data. Click OK.
You have successfully accessed your data in Excel using the Query Wizard. For more information, refer to the Microsoft Excel product documentation at: https://support.office.com/.