To install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector:
1. Double-click the installation file. For example, on a Windows 64-bit machine, double-click: PROGRESS_DATADIRECT_CLOUD_OPCONNECTOR_3.2_WIN_64_INSTALL.exe.
2. The Introduction window appears. Click Next to continue.
If one or more instances of DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector are already installed, continue to the next step.
If DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector is not installed, click Next and continue at Step 4.
3. Select whether to upgrade an existing installation or install another instance of DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector.
Select Upgrade Existing Instance. Then, click Next. If necessary, select the instance that you want to upgrade and click Next.
Select Install a New Instance. A message is displayed, informing you that the new instance must be installed in a directory that does not already contain the On-Premise Connector. Click OK to return to the installation. Then, click Next.
4. In the Where Would You Like to Install? field, click the Choose (...) button to browse to and select an installation directory or type the path, including the drive letter on Windows machines, of the appropriate directory, or simply accept the default installation directory. Verify that you have entered (or selected) the correct installation directory, and click Next.
5. Select the type of installation:
If your installation does not need modification, select Standard and continue at Step 8.
If you need to customize the installation, select Advanced Installation, and then select one or more options:
If you need to enable support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, select Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Continue at Step 6.
The On-Premise Connector must communicate with the DataDirect Cloud service using the Internet. If your network environment requires a Proxy to access the public Internet, select Proxy Connection and continue at Step 7.
6. Type your user name and password for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
7. Provide your proxy connection information and the type of proxy authentication that you want to use. You can change the information later using the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Configuration Tool.
a. Type the proxy connection information:
Hostname specifies the Host name and, optionally, the domain of the proxy server. The value can be a host name, a fully qualified domain name, or an IPv4 or IPv6 address.
Port Number specifies port number where the proxy server is listening.
User Name specifies the user name needed to connect to the proxy server if you are using HTTP Basic or NTLM authentication. If NTLM Proxy Authentication is selected, the user name must be in the form Domain\User.
Password specifies the password needed to connect to the proxy server if you are using HTTP Basic or NTLM authentication.
b. From the Proxy Authentication drop-down list, select the type of proxy authentication needed in your environment:
Select No Proxy Authentication if your proxy server does not require authentication.
Select HTTP Proxy Authentication if the proxy server requires that all requests be authenticated using the HTTP Basic authentication protocol.
Select NTML Proxy Authentication if the proxy server requires that all requests be authenticated using the NTLM authentication protocol.
8. Provide your DataDirect Cloud On-Premise service credentials, and optionally, change the default Connector label.
a. Enter a valid DataDirect Cloud user ID and password.
b. Optionally, change the Connector Label to a different unique value. The label name cannot include spaces.
c. Click Next.
If the credentials are missing or incorrect, the Invalid Credentials window is displayed. Do one of the following actions:
Correct the DataDirect Cloud user ID and password and click Next.
Continue with the invalid entries; you can enter a valid user ID and password later in the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector Configuration Tool. Click Continue to proceed without verification.
9. Confirm your installation options. Click Previous to revise your choices, or click Install to continue with the installation.
10. You have the option to configure the On-Premise Connector at this time. Select the check box to launch the Configuration Tool. Click Done to exit the installer.
Note: You must supply a valid User Id and Password to start the Configuration Tool. If you completed the installation without using valid credentials, you can enter them at this time.
This completes the installation. You might be prompted to restart your system.
As part of the installation, a Progress DataDirect program group is created, with the following shortcuts:
If you have installed multiple instances of Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector, a program group is created for each instance. You can change the name of the program group to make it easier to identify the way you use the Connector. For example, one Connector might be configured for testing, and another Connector configured for Production.